Skin Care Practices and Clinical Protocols is a critical resource for skin care professionals interested in expanding their current knowledge and technical skills, whether a long-term practitioner learning new techniques and technologies, or students learning beyond the fundamentals. This text includes interviews with professionals spanning four decades of esthetic education and experiences in a variety of settings ranging from travel and tourism, salons and spas to the medical office.
The global population’s interest in appearance continues to drive the skin care market. As a result, the demand for highly trained skin care professionals serving in a variety of environments has increased. Skin Care Practices and Clinical Protocols serves as an invaluable working resource in the classroom, the treatment room and the meeting room.
Author: Sallie Deitz
- Step-by-step protocols and photos demonstrate in detail the use of cutting-edge technology, peel use and new peel cocktails, with tips for pre- and post-care.
- A section on self-care covers solutions on how to flourish in today’s busy marketplace without losing sight of self.
- Case studies and examples of real-life patient situations help prepare you for entry into the professional environment.
- Profiles of practitioners in the field provide you with valuable insight and advice.
- Hundreds of photos guide you step by step in the most requested esthetic services.
- Self Care: The Beginning
- Education: The Foundation of Esthetics
- Safety Guidelines for Estheticians
- Enzyme Peels, Chemical Peels, and Layering Peels
- Technology Focused Facials and Treatments
- Medical Practices
- The Business of Esthetics
- Products and Positioning Products in your Business
323 pp., 8″ x 9¼”, Softcover, ©2013
Print ISBN: 9781111542399
eBook ISBN: 9781285501468
List Price: $53.95 USD