This all new edition of Skin Care: Beyond the Basics builds upon the strong reputation of its predecessors as an outstanding resource for the advanced esthetics student and professional. Using plain language, it explains real-world scenarios and profiles what estheticians will experience when they are practicing in the clinic environment. Detailed information on subjects such as acne, sensitive skin, cosmetic ingredients and clinical management of aging skin is included. The subject matter is presented in a direct manner which leads to proven understanding in the classroom and positive client outcomes in the student clinic. This book is a must-have resource for future and existing professional estheticians, and will remain a trusted reference tool throughout your career.
Author: Mark Lees
- Each subject has been thoroughly updated with new content relevant to the needs and wants of today’s esthetics client.
- New photos and illustrations help the reader identify skin conditions and increase the students understanding of anatomy and physiology.
- Information on cosmetic ingredients and chemistry, sun science and skin conditions has been updated to highlight recent breakthroughs in skin care.
- An in-depth discussion of the effects of the endocrine system and hormones familiarizes the esthetician with relative skin problems.
- Real world scenarios and advice prepare the esthetics student for his or her career.
- Content is perfect for the student looking to increase his or her knowledge of esthetics in situations where advanced coursework is not offered.
- Information included on acne, aging treatments and sensitive skin gives students the relevant knowledge of common treatment needs.
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology of the Skin
- Hygiene and Sterilization Techniques
- The Immune System
- Communicable Diseases
- Skin Analysis
- Recognize and Refer Medical Conditions
- Essential Knowledge of Chemistry
- Cosmetic Chemistry and Functional Ingredients
- Performance Ingredients and Active Ingredients
- Skin Care Products
- Claims in Cosmetics
- Sensitive Skin, Allergies, and Irritants
- Acne and the Esthetician
- The Intrinsic Aging Process
- Sun and Sun Damage
- The New Science of Aging Skin Treatment
- Chemical Peeling and Exfoliation Procedures
- Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery: Treating the Patient
- Cosmetic Medicine and Medical Relations
- The Scientific Approach
514 pp., 8″ x 9¼”, Softcover, ©2012
List Price: $153.95 USD
eBook Printed Access Card
- Detailed, interactive exercises
- Reinforce learning
- Increase student comprehension
List Price: $76.95 USD
Course Management Guide on CD
- Lesson Plans
- Workbook Answer Key
- Image Library
- Computerized Test Bank
List Price: $30.295 USD
Instructor Support Slides on CD
- PowerPoint™ Slides
- Chapter-by-chapter outline of content
List Price: $211.95 USD