Lasers and Light Therapy is the first of its kind, offering a unique approach into the science and technology of laser and light systems. The reader will be exposed to all aspects of this specialized field whether one is working in a medical spa, day spa, or medical clinic. This book is designed to address areas of hair removal and facial / body rejuvenation from a beginning conceptual level into practical hands-on application. Detailed information of treatment protocols is explored starting with the initial consultation and skin care, to the selection of the appropriate cosmetic device, to the delivery of the laser/light technology. The management of the client’s goals and maximization of each treatment’s outcome is also emphasized for the reader. As one gains knowledge of this exciting new specialty, the selection and acquisition of the appropriate cosmetic device is also thoroughly examined. Business management and marketing strategies are provided to guide the reader into creating an exciting, revenue generating opportunity.
Author: Pamela Hill & Patricia Owens
- Presents management strategies to successfully promote one’s cosmetic laser services.
- Offers detailed descriptions of the laser and light physics and biologic tissue interaction.
- Comprehensive review of the current laser and light technologies.
- Complete narrative discussion of indications, contraindications for treatment along with the fundamentals of skin care.
- Step by step instruction for performing laser and light treatments.
- Introduction to Lasers and Light Therapy
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin
- Healing the Skin from Laser Injury
- Laser, Light, and Radio frequency Devices
- Skin Typing and Laser Treatments
- Fundamentals of Skin Care
- Pre-Treatment for Lasers and Light Therapy
- Indications and Contraindications for Laser and Light Therapy
- Laser, Light, and Radio frequency Treatments
- Laser and Light Safety
- The Business of Laser and Light Therapy
360 pp., 8″ x 9¼”, Softcover, ©2010
List Price: $63.95 USD